What are Occupational Contexts
Physical and social factors that influence the nature of work.
Interpersonal Relationships describes the context of the job in terms of human interaction processes.
Physical Work Conditions describes the work context as it relates to the interactions between the worker and the physical job environment.
Structural Job Characteristics involves the relationships or interactions between the worker and the structural characteristics of the job.
Contexts for all Occupations
- Spend Time Climbing Ladders, Scaffolds, or Poles - How much does this job require climbing ladders, scaffolds, or poles?
- Spend Time Keeping or Regaining Balance - How much does this job require keeping or regaining your balance?
- Spend Time Kneeling, Crouching, Stooping, or Crawling - How much does this job require kneeling, crouching, stooping or crawling?
- Spend Time Making Repetitive Motions - How much does this job require making repetitive motions?
- Spend Time Sitting - How much does this job require sitting?
- Spend Time Standing - How much does this job require standing?
- Spend Time Using Your Hands to Handle, Control, or Feel Objects, Tools, or Controls - How much does this job require using your hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools or controls?
- Spend Time Walking and Running - How much does this job require walking and running?
- Structured versus Unstructured Work - To what extent is this job structured for the worker, rather than allowing the worker to determine tasks, priorities, and goals?
- Telephone - How often do you have telephone conversations in this job?
- Time Pressure - How often does this job require the worker to meet strict deadlines?
- Very Hot or Cold Temperatures - How often does this job require working in very hot (above 90 F degrees) or very cold (below 32 F degrees) temperatures?
- Wear Common Protective or Safety Equipment such as Safety Shoes, Glasses, Gloves, Hearing Protection, Hard Hats, or Life Jackets - How much does this job require wearing common protective or safety equipment such as safety shoes, glasses, gloves, hard hats or life jackets?
- Wear Specialized Protective or Safety Equipment such as Breathing Apparatus, Safety Harness, Full Protection Suits, or Radiation Protection - How much does this job require wearing specialized protective or safety equipment such as breathing apparatus, safety harness, full protection suits, or radiation protection?
- Work With Work Group or Team - How important is it to work with others in a group or team in this job?