I am a young enthusiastic graduate from Limerick Institute of Technology who is eager to further my experience and knowledge.. I am ambitious and able to work under my own initiative. I have gained good experience during my placement year where i was the Engineer on a medical centre construction.
I am a hands-on and results oriented construction professional with real world experience which developed leadership skills and a good team work ethic with experience in coordination of trades, applying health and safety on site, and building rapport with architects and client.
tompeters2004's Professional Experience
Site Labourer/Supervisor, Norseman Construction, Toronto, ON, Canada.
• General site labour including demolition and excuvation of foundations and underpinning.
• Marking out of underpinning and supervising underpinning which included pre ordering of skips, conveyors etc.
• Responsible for the ordering of concrete and ensuring underpinning was dug and shuttered on schedule.
• Also assisted in framing to head carpenter on domestic house.
Student Site Engineer, John Paul Construction, Little Island, Cork.
• Responsible for all setting out duties on site
• Responsible for completion of snag lists
• Monitor and manage progress of subcontractors work. Complete their allocation sheets at end of week
• Measure areas of work completed for Quantity surveyor so payments to subcontractors and project scheduling could be completed
• Carry out “as built” surveys for all buildings and services elements of the project and input on AutoCAD.
• Ensure Health & Safety issues on site were implemented
• Skills acquired through this job include; management, communication, measurement, setting out and surveying. Overall I became a competent site engineer/manager by completion of my term with John Paul Construction.
September 2004 to September 2007
Barman, The Foot Bar , Glen of Aherlow, Co. Tipperary.
• Responsible for the opening and locking up of entire premises
• Pay all bands, Dj’s other members of staff
• Take cash from tills and put in the safe for counting the next day
• Skills acquired through this job include: Bar work, communication, team work, management skills and working on own initiative.
General Labourer with Premium Woodland Construction, Cashel Co. Tipperary.
• Setting out foundations and setting levels for foundation
• Assist in the pouring of concrete for foundations
• Fill base with hardcore and blinding and ensure they are brought to correct levels to allow enough room for reinforcement, insulation and the concrete floor slab
• This job gave me good experience in the practical side of construction mainly in the area of concrete work and blocklaying and groundworks.
tompeters2004's Education and Qualifications
Bachelor/Degree - Construction Management
Limerick Institute of Technology
second level/high school education -
St. Ailbes Vocational School
tompeters2004's Additional Information
I have a keen interest in football, hurling and play for a club called Galtee Rovers St. Pecauns. I also have a keen interest in soccer and play for Glen Villa Soccer club.
I also have a hands on approach to working on the farm in which my father owns.
Level 6 Wind Energy/Turbine Training Course
Certified by Chevron training which equips me with the necessary skills required to carry out installation and supervise installation of all Domestic Wind Turbine type windmills.
Follow and Contact tompeters2004
Join Today to follow and contact tompeters2004.
- Follow members and companies, and stay updated
- Create your free professional profile and get found
- Measure the traffic and track your profile viewers
- Find jobs that match your skills