Share this Guide with Friends

Currently thousands of live jobs
in Australia today

Latest Q&A's on Australia

Visas for Australia

1) Working Holiday Visa:

For people from Belgium, Canada, Cyprus, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Republic of Ireland, Italy, Japan, Republic of Korea, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, Taiwan and United Kingdom.

Who is this visa for?

This visa is for people aged 18 to 30 years of age, who are interested in a working holiday of up to 12 months in Australia. This visa allows you to supplement the cost of your holiday through short-term employment. However, if your primary reason for travelling to Oz is to work in Australia, you should consider a visa designed for that purpose.

Registration or licensing:

If you intend to work in your occupation in Australia, you should be aware that registration or licensing may be required. This applies particularly to the health professions and the construction sector. You should contact the relevant assessing body to ascertain if you need to obtain registration or licensing in Australia. Certain occupations may require workers to undertake health and character checks as well as registration, such as jobs that involve working with children.

What does this visa let me do?

• enter Australia within 12 months of grant

•stay up to 12 months

• leave and re-enter Australia any number of times while the visa is valid

• work in Australia for up to six months with each employer

• study for up to four months.

If you hold a second Working Holiday visa, you may return to work for a further six months for an employer with whom you worked on your first Working Holiday visa. 


2) Work and Holiday Visa:

Information for applicants from Bangladesh, Chile, Indonesia, Iran, Malaysia, Thailand, Turkey and the USA on holiday and work visas in Australia.

The Work and Holiday visa is for young people aged 18 to 30 who want to travel and work in Australia for up to 12 months. This visa allows you to supplement the cost of your holiday through periods of temporary or casual employment. The Work and Holiday visa program is designed to encourage cultural exchange and closer ties between arrangement countries. 


3) General Skilled Migration visas in Australia:

General Skilled Migration visas are available to professionals and those with trades or qualified graduates who want to live and work in Australia either temporarily or permanently. Specific eligibility requirements apply to each General Skilled Migration visa category. The right visa will depend on a range of considerations, with the most important being that you meet the Department of Immigration and Citizenship’s eligibility criteria and points test. To qualify you must be under 45 years of age, have an occupation listed on the Skilled Occupations List, have a competent standard of English, have a professional or trade qualification recognised in the country and have recent work. 




Questions and Answers

We have thousands of local members waiting to answer your questions on living and working in Australia. Join Worky or to Join the Discussion.
Jocelyn Conel Domagtoy

Jocelyn Conel Domagtoy

how can i find work to australia,i currently working here in saudi arabia and soon my contract will be end last of september i seach alot about the agency and sent my cv but their reject me coz i am not living inside in australia,i am ajob seeker willing to work thier is thier discremination?????

Sat Feb 11 20:49:15
Bryan Dignam - Account Director

Bryan Dignam

Hi Jocelyn,

I don't think this is discrimination no. The Australian government are becoming more strict on allowing foreign nationals into the country, so before you try get work you should also enquire about a working visa in Australia

Also you should try apply for jobs through Worky in the job search box and see what you can find

Thu Feb 16 10:24:02

More about Australia