Ian Murphy - Experienced Credit Control Manager

Representative at Performance Marketing

Nationality

Irish

Current location

Ireland

Work category

Accounting and Finance

Education

Bachelor/Degree

I am a results orientated Credit Control Professional with 7 years experience in Credit Control Management, 5 Years at Management Level in an international and multi-currency environment
I am a strong team player who strives to improve processes and maximize people’s performances to achieve greater results

Ian Murphy's Professional Experience

2011 - Present

Performance Marketing - Representative

Market Research Dutch Market

2005 - 2011

Acme Blinds - Owner

Responsible for complete management of retail business

Key Skills
2000 - 2005

Plantronics BV - EMEA Credit Controller

Key Functions, Responsibilities & Achievements

Management of EMEA Accounts Receivables. 98% Sales ledger comprised of almost 200 Distributers and remaining 2% being hundreds of one-off repair customers
Average Quarterly Collections of US$30m - US$40m
Achieved average DSO Reduction from 68 to 55 Days
Setting of Monthly Collection, Over 60's & DSO Targets
Over 60 Days Past Due Reduced from 20% to less than 8%
Management of Collection Team in The Netherlands; 4 People) & various temporary staff
Ensuring that billing process accuracy against shipments and timely sending to customers
Vetting of New Customers and recommendation of Credit Limit for Sign off by Finance Director.
Assessment of Customer Credit Risk Profile by creation of in-house Credit Scoring System which moved company away from Credit Collections to Risk Management
Daily Review of Credit Check Failure Reports
Accounting for Bad Debt Provision
Bed Debts reduced and held to less than 1% of total aging.
Liaison with General Ledger Team for Journal Postings & Account Reconciliations
Monthly, Quarterly & Year End reporting
Training of Staff for effective Credit Control
Implementation of Sarbanes-Oxley compliance
Working Directly with external accounts for annual Audit
Liaison with EMEA Sales Directors
Enhancement of Customer Relations (Site Visits/Credit Reviews)

Key Skills
Billing credit collections Credit Control customer relations EMEA finance Finance Director Reports Risk Management
1998 - 2000

Plantronics BV - Assistant Credit Controller

Key Functions, Responsibilities & Achievements
Collection of Accounts Receivables from Allocated Customers
Invoice Dispute Resolution and Escalation
Liaison with Sales Managers Regarding Account Issues.
General Monthly Reporting to EMEA Credit Control Manager
Negotiations with Banks for payment via Letters of Credit
Allocation of Customer Payments to Accounts
Use of Oracle 11i Accounts Receivable Software

Key Skills
Accounts Receivable accounts receivable Credit Control EMEA Oracle
1992 - 1998

Allied Irish Bank PLC - Electonic Payments Representative

Key Functions, Responsibilities & Achievements

Sales of AIB Electronic Payments Software
On-site Installation of System with Customer
Administration of AIB Electronic Payments Systems Data File Receipts & Transaction Processing

Key Skills
Administration data

Ian Murphy's Education and Qualifications

2014

Bachelor/Degree - ,

The Open University

2005

Bachelor/Degree - AICM, Credit Control

UK Institute of Credit Management

1991

Bachelor/Degree - IATI Cert, Accountancy

Bray Senior College

1988

Bachelor/Degree - Junior School Education,

Presentation College Bray

1988

Bachelor/Degree - Leaving Certificate,

Presentation College Bray

Ian Murphy's Additional Information

Links