Sorry but this job has been filled
Worky.com has other in IT and Technology jobs which you can search for at this link: More IT and Technology Jobs in Ireland
Technical Support Engineer II - Amazon Web Services
|Job type||Technical Support Engineer II - Amazon Web Services|
|Category||IT and Technology|
About this job
* Apply for this position online 
* E-mail this position to a friend 
Apply for This Position
Amazon.com has built a reputation for excellence with most recent examples being named #5 most admired company in the US, #2 most innovative, and # 1 in Customer Service. Amazon’s technology business is carrying on that tradition while leading the world in Cloud technologies. With Amazon Web Services (AWS) you have the chance to help individuals and businesses take their computing infrastructures and applications into “the Cloud”. As a member of the AWS Developer Support team, you will be at the forefront of this transformational technology with interactions with leading companies in this space and engineers within Amazon developing the capability. You will be surrounded by people that are wickedly smart, passionate about cloud computing, and believe that world class support is critical to customer success. AWS Developer Support provides technical support to a global list of customers that are building mission-critical applications on top of AWS services. The team is a self standing P&L with the ability to drive both Free Cash Flow and world class customer experience. Our team of talented engineers is located in 3 countries around the world to provide support to our customers 365 days a year, 24 hours a day.
We are seeking people with strong technical skills. Experience as a Systems Administrator working with Linux, Unix or Windows? Do you know the advantages of working in a highly distributed virtual environment? Since we’re working in the Cloud, you will need to be very comfortable with networking technologies including DNS, TCP/IP, SSL, DHCP and Load Balancing. If you fit the description, you might be the person we are looking for!
Every day will bring new and exciting challenges on the job while you:
* Learn and use groundbreaking technologies
* Dig in to figure out technical conundrums
* Work with some of the leading technologists around the world
* Represent Amazon and AWS as you manage technical inquiries from customers that want help using our services.
* Work directly with Amazon Web Service engineers to ensure that customer issues are resolved as expediently as possible
* Work with customers to understand how they are using our services, and providing feedback to development teams
* Drive customer communication during AWS critical events
* Drive projects that improve support-related processes and our customer’s technical support experience
* Write code samples, tutorials, and technical articles for the developer community
* Work on escalated, highly complex customer problems that may span multiple AWS services
* Must have demonstrated expertise in one or more of these areas;
Systems administration (Linux and/or Windows)
Networking (DNS, IPsec, BGP, VPN, Load Balancing)
Programming / scripting (Java, Perl, Ruby, C#, and/or PHP)
* Candidates must have excellent oral and written communication skills
* Strong customer focus
* Ability to juggle many tasks and projects in a fast-moving environment
* Self starter who is excited about technology.
* A degree in computer science, IST, IS, IT or equivalent experience
* Candidates with experience working directly with customers
* Flexible work schedules (weekends and/or evenings)