Sorry but this job has been filled
Worky.com has other in IT and Technology jobs which you can search for at this link: More IT and Technology Jobs in Ireland
Technical Project Lead- Data Center operations
|Job type||Technical Project Lead- Data Center operations|
|Category||IT and Technology|
About this job
* Apply for this position online 
* E-mail this position to a friend 
Apply for This Position
Technical Services for the world’s largest Cloud Infrastructure.
Amazon Web Services are looking to hire a highly motivated, best-in-class Technical Lead to provide hands on support for our Data Center locations across Europe.
You are someone who is highly autonomous, very detail oriented and possesses very strong written & verbal communication skills. In addition to build-outs and Data Center deployments, you will be required to travel between EU sites conducting routine audits, service assessments and providing any remote support required by our internal teams.
You will be expected to manage your time on site and coordinate materials and labour to ensure that our stringent standards are met in the most cost-efficient way possible.
You will have experience building relationships with internal and external teams/customers along with innovating effective solutions to meet issues & problems as they arise.
You will have previous hands on technical troubleshooting experience and a proven ability solving complex problems.
Most of all you will also have a passion for technology along with a desire to be the best at your job every day!
About the Role:
As a Technical Project lead in Amazon, you will get to build and maintain the world’s largest Cloud Computing Infrastructure across a number of local and remote locations.
The role involves some periods working remotely and independently from your team and requires the ability to drive change while maintaining excellent communications.
Your day job will include (but not limited to):
· Triaging and repairing server & network hardware
· Troubleshooting Network installation & configuration
· Installing and/or expanding network & server infrastructure
· Resolving Data Center facility issues
· Co-ordinating remote hands & eyes for any site issues
· Participating in small to mid-size projects creating or expanding Data Centers
· Building relationships with remote facilities to ensure swift response times to events
· Improving all Operational Processes and Security with each site
· Generating metrics to provide details of performance in a diverse range of areas
"Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History". This is our motto and we do all 3 every day. AWS S3 web service recently accepted its 1 trillionth object, currently accepting more than 40,000 objects every second on a daily basis. We think this is really cool and want to expand our cloud to meet our customers continued needs.
We are the most Customer Centric Company in the world and will stop at nothing to meet our customers’ demands. We have proven this business model a success for many years and are always on the lookout for likeminded individuals to take us to the next level.
We are expanding at unseen rates, more than doubling our worldwide CloudFront co-location Data Centers in the last 12 months, and expecting to exceed that amount again in the coming 12 months.
We are building some of the largest distributed systems in the world, and we need smart people to help plan and put the pieces together. We are obsessed with Operational Excellence and strive to improve everything we do.
We also want you to progress your career, so will give you the tools to focus on your next desired role and then help you reach it, this is part of our ethos. BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
* Third level education (or relevant experience) in Computer Science or Management
* Excellent knowledge of server hardware
* Excellent knowledge of Linux, UNIX administration
* Copper/Fiber Optic Testing/Cabling Standards.
* Understanding of TCP/IP networks.
* Proficiency with MS Office, MS Project, SQL.
* Excellent prioritization and time management
* 4+ years working in a Data Center operations environment.
* Experience dealing with customers during problem resolution and operating efficiently under pressure.
* Experience managing and driving complex projects to successful completion, ideally with team members in several remote locations.
* Understanding of distributed and service oriented architectures.
* Proven ability to manage customer expectations and resolve conflicts that balance client and company needs.
* LEAN, Sigma and Operational Excellence knowledge and/or proficiency.
* Full Driving license.