Sorry but this job has been filled
Worky.com has other in IT and Technology jobs which you can search for at this link: More IT and Technology Jobs in Ireland
Network Engineer in Infrastructure
|Job type||Network Engineer in Infrastructure|
|Category||IT and Technology|
About this job
* Apply for this position online 
* E-mail this position to a friend 
Apply for This Position
Amazon.com is looking for best-in-class Network Engineers to drive the development, sustainability and operations of our Cloud Computing networks. With Amazon Web Services (http://aws.amazon.com ), our goal is to become &ldquoThe Infrastructure Platform to the world. Our customers demand the highest quality and reliability, and challenge us to be better, faster and cheaper every day.
In this role, you will work on a team of highly skilled Network Engineers, responsible for the end-to-end ownership of our EC2 network. This includes the design/architecture, definition and enforcement of standards, security, sustainability, scalability, deployment, and operations of our current and next generation networks.
Our ideal candidate is highly autonomous, possesses strong written and verbal communication skills, has a track record of successfully delivering complex projects on time, and possesses a strong background in Ethernet and IP networks. The desire and ability to work in a fast paced, collaborative environment is essential. BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
* A Bachelor&rsquos Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience is mandatory.
* A minimum of 5 years industry experience in a similar environment.
* Excellent Ethernet and IP networking fundamentals and extensive experience in the application of IP protocols.
* In-depth knowledge of and experience with major Internet routing protocols.
* Substantial background working with large-scale networks.
* Deep knowledge of network hardware and packet forwarding architectures.
* Excellent analytical skills.
* Significant past experience with, and deep expertise in many of the following:
* Ethernet, 802.2/3, 802.1d, IP, TCP, BGP, OSPF, HSRP/VRRP/GLBP, PIM, IGMP, MSDP, MPLS, LDP, DNS, HTTP, SSL, netflow, 10G, 40/100G Futures, Linux/Unix.
* A background in large-scale network design is highly desired.
* Software development/programming/scripting skills are a huge plus.