Sorry but this job has been filled
Worky.com has other in Retail Wholesale and Purchasing jobs which you can search for at this link: More Retail Wholesale and Purchasing Jobs in Ireland
CHRISTMAS TEMPORARY LATE NIGHT RETAIL OPERATIVE - Primark Unit 1A Braehead Shopping Centre King`s Inch Road Glasgow G51 4BS
|Job type||CHRISTMAS TEMPORARY LATE NIGHT RETAIL OPERATIVE - Primark Unit 1A Braehead Shopping Centre King`s Inch Road Glasgow G51 4BS|
|Category||Retail Wholesale and Purchasing|
About this job
Close date: 16th November 2012
Hours of work are Monday until Friday from 20.30pm until 00.30am, 20 hours per week.
Start date is Monday 26th November and the contract ends on Friday 21st December 2012.
The role of the Retail Operative in our stores is to assist in the overall running of a department with in the store and to provide and efficient sales service to customers in line with company policy.
The role has a number of Key Responsibilities and they are:
Sales and Commercial Focus
- Perform all register functions in line with company policy
- Maintain stock levels in order to maximise sales
- Promote specific lines under the guidance of management
- Use available information to assist in laying out the department in relation to sales
- Ensure understanding of Primark`s Corporate Social Responsibility policy
- Assist in unpacking and checking off of new deliveries.
- Draw stock from and return stock to the stock-room as required
- Replenish stock to ensure maximum fill levels in your department
- Inform management and supervisors of potential stock shortages
- Use information available to assist in laying out the department in relation to sales.
- Ensure that all stock is correctly priced and that pricing procedures are carried out in line with company policy
- Re-organise merchandise as directed by Department Manager/ Supervisor
- Promote specific lines under the guidance of Management
- Maintain department presentation in line with company guidelines
- Maintain standards throughout the day and complete recovery daily
- Operate fitting room procedures in line with company policy
- Ensure pricing and ticketing procedures are carried out in line with company policy
- Carry out stock take procedures in line with company policy
- Demonstrate good customer service at all times
- In the event of a customer complaint or query react in a professional and courteous manner, elevating the issue to senior management where necessary
Environment, Health & Safety
- Be alert to any potential hazards within your department
- Position equipment so as to ensure the safety of all staff and customers
- Be aware of fire and emergency evacuation procedures
- Follow company procedures for staff and customer accidents
- Follow appropriate company policies regarding customer or staff theft
- Comply with company procedures on staff searches
To be considered for the role you will need to have relevant experience. You will require:
- Strong communication skills and use of English language
- 2 years work experience ideally within retail environment
- Previous experience of working in busy environment as part of a team
- Qualified to GCSE level (or equivalent)
We would like you to apply for this position - please click on the relevant vacancy to find out more information and apply.